Article originally posted on AZ Central, October 27, 2016
The residential building boom continues in Phoenix, from urban apartments to houses targeting first-time homebuyers.
Construction is rising in areas of the city from midtown to north Phoenix, and many projects are well underway. Several others broke ground this fall.
Here are few residents might see going up in their neighborhoods:
- Project: Parc Midtown.
- Developer: Evergreen Development.
- Location: Third Avenue and Indian School Road.
- What’s to come: The 306-unit apartment complex will include new construction as well as the adaptive reuse of a former Mercedes-Benz dealership, said Matt Evans, the company’s director of multifamily projects. The luxury units ranging from studios to three bedrooms will rent for about $1,100 to $1,900, he said.
- The neighborhood: The midtown lot is near the light rail and the tech employers moving downtown, Evans said.
- Timeline: Evans said construction will start this fall with completion slated for 2018.
- Project: Contour on Campbell Ave.
- Developer: Liv URBN.
- Location: Campbell Avenue and 22nd Street.
- What’s to come: The project features 111 “luxury urban condominiums” with neighborhood integration emphasized in the design, according to the developer. Common areas include a community pool, outdoor space and workout facilities. The condos range from 1,000 to 1,700 square feet and start in the mid-$300,000s for pre-opening prices, a press release on the project said.
- The neighborhood: The uptown location is near the Biltmore Fashion Park and business corridors on Camelback and Indian School roads.
- Timeline: Crews broke ground on the condos this fall with completion expected in late 2017.
- Project: 24 North.
- Developer: Shea Homes Arizona.
- Location: 31534 N. 24th Drive, near Norterra Parkway.
- What’s to come: The gated community will include 111 two-story homes. Houses ranging from about 2,025 to 2,204 square feet start in the high $200,000s, according to the developer. Target clients are first-time homebuyers and empty nesters,
- The neighborhood: The pocket of far north Phoenix is located near I-17 and the Phoenix Sonoran Desert Preserve.
- Timeline: Construction has started and will continue as lots are sold, according to the developer.
- Project: The Villas at Baker Park.
- Developer: Empire Residential.
- Location: 40th Street and Osborn Road.
- What’s to come: The former site of Baker Nursery is slated for a 44-home gated community. The $45 million Villas at Baker Park include semi-custom homes and “resort-like amenities,” according to the developer. Prices range from the $700,000s to $1.2 million. A 75-year-old silk floss tree from the nursery remains there.
- The neighborhood: The parcel is one of the last big pieces of undeveloped land near the Arcadia neighborhood, according to the developer.
- Timeline: Construction has started, with the first models completed this fall.
- Project: The District at Biltmore.
- Developer: Kaplan. Managed by Simpson Property Group.
- Location: 24th Street and Highland Avenue.
- What’s to come: The four-story building will include 227 apartment units. Amenities include a rooftop lounge, a resort-style conference room and garden courtyard, according to the complex’s website.
- The neighborhood: The developer is marketing it as a location with easy access to Valley freeways and within walking distance of the Biltmore Fashion Park.
- Timeline: The complex is slated to open in summer 2017.